We’ve got just a little less than a month to go until Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials‘ big debut so 20th Century Fox just ramped the marketing campaign up by unveiling the first clip from the film. The sequel picks up right where the first film left off. Thomas (Dylan O’Brien) and the other surviving Gladers are out of the Maze and being whisked off to a mystery facility in the desert, presumably for their safety. That’s where they meet Aiden Gillen‘s Janson, the man in charge of the compound who insists on knowing, what side is Thomas on?
This moment was in the first 30 minutes of the film I saw at Comic-Con. It plays well in context and it also makes for a pretty intense standalone clip. Catch Janson pressure Thomas for information in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip below. The movie hits theaters on September 18th and also stars Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Kaya Scodelario, Giancarlo Esposito, Ki Hong Lee, Rosa Salazar and Jacob Lofland.
Here’s the official synopsis for Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials:
In this next chapter of the epic “Maze Runner” saga, Thomas (Dylan O’Brien) and his fellow Gladers face their greatest challenge yet: searching for clues about the mysterious and powerful organization known as WCKD. Their journey takes them to the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles. Teaming up with resistance fighters, the Gladers take on WCKD’s vastly superior forces and uncover its shocking plans for them all.
In case you missed it, you can check out all of our Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials set visit coverage below:
- ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’: 20 Things to Know about the Bigger, Broader Sequel
- ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’: Wyck Godfrey Reveals Book Changes, Easter Eggs and More
- ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’: Dylan O’Brien Talks Stunts, Unromantic Romance and More
- ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’: Wes Ball on New Locations, Book Changes and More
- ‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’ Set Visit Interview: Surprise! Alan Tudyk is Blondie