The fourth Mission: Impossible will be a reboot-of-sorts for the series (it reportedly won’t even be called Mission: Impossible IV) but one thing that’s clearly not going anywhere: wacky disguises! The first set photos from the Brad Bird-directed film have gone online and we can see Tom Cruise’s super-spy Ethan Hunt in Russian military garb wearing a Stalin-stache’. There’s also a shot of him rocking a Bruce Springsteen t-shirt. Who is this chameleon?!
Hit the jump to check out the set photos plus a recap of what we know about the film so far.
Click over to Accidental Sexiness for more images.
Here’s what we know about the fourth Mission: Impossible movie:
- Rather than lead a team of agents, Ethan Hunt will work alongside a new character played by Jeremy Renner.
- The franchise is being set up so that Renner’s character would play the lead in future installments. However, Tom Cruise is still expected to return for a fifth Mission: Impossible should they choose to make it.
- Simon Pegg and Ving Rhames are returning to play Benji Dunn and Luther Stickell, respectively.
- Paula Patton (Precious) is playing a young operative who works with Ethan Hunt.
- Vladimir Mashkov (Behind Enemy Lines) is playing a Russian agent.
- Michael Nyqvist (2009’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) is playing the villain.
- Josh Holloway (Lost) is playing a member in the Impossible Mission Force.
- J.J Abrams is producing and worked on the story with screenwriters Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum (Alias).
- The film is shooting in Prague, Dubai, and Vancouver.
- It’s slated to open on December 16, 2011.