Warning: Spoilers are discussed in this interview
With Narcos: Mexico season 2 now streaming on Netflix, I recently sat down with Scoot McNairy and Diego Luna for an exclusive interview. During the wide-ranging conversation, they talked about filming the season finale and why it reminded them of a scene from Michael Mann’s Heat, what fans would be surprised to learn about the making of the series, what they will always remember from the making of season 2, what it would take for any of the drug kingpins to walk away from the life, and a lot more.
Narcos: Mexico season 2 continues the story of Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo (Luna), as he struggles to grow his empire while maintaining control over the various members of his organization. Meanwhile, the American effort to get revenge for the death of Kiki Camerana (Michael Pena) leads them down a dark path. The cycle of violence rages on. Narcos: Mexico season 2 also stars Alyssa Diaz, Teresa Ruiz, Alejandro Edda, Gerardo Taracena, and Jose Maria Yazpik.
Check out what he had to say in the player above, and below is exactly what we talked about.
Finally, if you missed my interview with Teresa Ruiz, click here to watch.
Scoot McNairy and Diego Luna:
- McNairy & Luna talk about the season finale and filming the conversation between the two of them.
- How the finale felt like the conversation between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro in Heat.
- How Felix is laying out the future and what will happen now that he’s locked up.
- What would it take for Felix or any of the other drug kingpins to walk away from the life?
- What might surprise Narcos fans about the making of the series?
- What will they always remember from the making of Narcos: Mexico season 2?
- How much did they know about the arc of the season?