The final trailer for the highly anticipated Stephen King adaptation Pet Sematary is here ahead of the film’s arrival in theaters this week, but you might want to consider skipping this particular video. It’s spoilery in the sense that, for people expecting the upcoming movie to be exactly like the book or the original feature adaptation, there are some big changes here. It’s also pretty spoilery in general considering that it jumps right to, presumably, the second act of the film without much build-up from the all-important, stakes-establishing and character-introducing first act. But hey, horror for horror’s sake sells these days.
From Starry Eyes filmmakers Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer, directing from a screenplay by Jeff Buhler (Nightflyers), Pet Sematary stars Jason Clarke,John Lithgow, Amy Seimetz, Jeté Laurence and Hugo & Lucas Lavoie. Pet Sematary arrives in theaters starting on April 5th, unless you’re brave enough to stomach a late Thursday screening.
Check out the final trailer for Pet Sematary below:
Sometimes dead is better. Watch the final trailer for #PetSematary, in theatres starting Thursday night.
Here’s the official synopsis for Pet Sematary:
Based on the seminal horror novel by Stephen King, Pet Sematary follows Dr. Louis Creed (Jason Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (John Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.
And for more on Pet Sematary, be sure to get caught up with our recent, related write-ups below:
- ‘Pet Sematary’: Stephen King on the Real-Life Inspiration for His Acclaimed Horror Story
- ‘Pet Sematary’ Directors on Why the Trailers Spoiled One of the Movie’s Big Twists
- ‘Pet Sematary’ Review: Another Excellent Stephen King Adaptation to Add to the List
- ‘The Witching Hour’: Episode 28 – ‘Russian Doll’ Spoiler Review & Those ‘Nightmare Before Christmas’ Rumors
- Jason Clarke on ‘Pet Sematary’ & His Favorite Book Moments That Didn’t Make the Cut