Tuesday evening’s TV ratings are in. Here’s a brief look at the highlights:
- The season premiere of The CW’s Supernatural earned a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 2.5 million viewers, marking a rise from last season’s 0.8 premiere rating. The episode was the show’s most-watched season premiere since 2010.
- ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn’t evened out just yet, as last night’s episode dropped half a ratings point from last week’s 3.3 rating to a 2.8 rating and scored 7.79 million viewers. Read Evan’s full recap here.
- Finally some good news for Fox’s New Girl, as last night’s episode hit a 2.1 rating and 4 million viewers for a rise of two tenths from last week’s 1.9 rating.
Hit the jump for the full ratings report for Tuesday, October 8th, including The Mindy Project, NCIS, Dads, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Person of Interest, and more.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues to shed viewers, as the show’s third episode garnered a 2.8 rating and 7.79 million viewers, dropping five tenths from last week’s 3.3 rating. Nevertheless, it stayed one tick ahead of NCIS to remain the highest-rated scripted show of the night.
- The new comedy series The Goldbergs scored a 2.0 rating and 5.73 million viewers, down two tenths from last week’s 2.2 rating.
- Trophy Wife hit a 1.4 rating and 4.69 million viewers, which is even with last week’s performance.
- Lucky 7, we hardly knew you. The new comedy series was canceled by ABC last week, making last week’s second episode the series finale.
- NCIS scored a 2.7 rating and 17.87 million viewers, dropping nearly a full ratings point from last week’s 3.5 rating. Still, the series was the most watched program of the night by far.
- NCIS: Los Angeles was also down, hitting a 2.6 rating and 14.78 million viewers. That’s a drop of one tenth from last week’s 2.7 rating.
- The drama series Person of Interest dropped once again to a new series low 2.0 rating and 11.68 million viewers, shedding one tenth from last week’s 2.1 series low.
- The new comedy series Dads earned a 1.3 rating and 3.11 million viewers, matching last week’s performance.
- The promising if not-there-yet new comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine garnered a 1.5 rating and 3.37 million viewers, rising a tenth from last week’s 1.4 rating.
- New Girl was also up, scoring a 2.1 rating and 4 million viewers for a rise of two tenths from last week’s 1.9 rating. Side note: is anyone else weirded out by the “Winston has a cat” story arc?
- The Mindy Project dropped a tenth from last week’s 1.5 rating, hitting a 1.4 rating and 2.97 million viewers.
- Chicago Fire garnered a 2.2 rating and 7.58 million viewers, which is down four tenths from last week’s 2.6 rating.
- The new spinoff series The Originals earned a 0.9 rating and 1.9 million viewers, dropping a tenth from last week’s premiere rating.
- Supernatural was way up in its return, hitting a 1.2 rating and 2.5 million viewers for a rise of four tenths from last year’s premiere rating.