Paul (Robert Bailey Jr.) was the ultimate newbie during much of season 1 of The Night Shift, but at the start of season 2 it’s clear that he’s more comfortable at San Antonio Memorial than ever. He’s getting better at pranks, doing his surgery internship with Dr. Clemens (Scott Wolff) and nearing the point at which he selects a specialized residency. Plus, the fact that Ragosa (Freddy Rodriguez) is now considered even “greener” than him brings Paul a notch up in the hospital hierarchy as well.
Not only do we have an on-set interview with Bailey Jr. covering where Paul is heading in season 2, whether or not his family will get involved, if we’ll ever get to meet Paul’s girlfriend and more, but we’ve also got an exclusive clip from the upcoming episode, “Eyes Look Your Last.” You can catch our The Night Shift clip and the full interview with Bailey Jr. below. Episode 3, “Eyes Look Your Last” airs Monday, March 9th at 10pm on NBC.
- 00:00 – His initial reaction to hearing that the show got picked up for a second season.
- 00:26 – Only getting a little information on where his character is heading; getting surprises in each script.
- 01:02 – Where Paul is in his medical training.
- 01:22 – Will there be more on Paul choosing his specialized residency this season?
- 01:48 – Will Paul’s family get involved?
- 02:04 – His hopes to see Paul grow up and grow into himself more in season 2.
- 03:08 – Pranking on set; his latest prank with Flint and Dandridge.
- 03:46 – The pros of knowing more about the characters in season 2.
- 04:30 – Will we ever meet Paul’s girlfriend?
- 05:07 – Bailey Jr. on shooting overnights and what it must feel like to work as a real night shift doctor.
- 05:38 – On Paul doing his internship with Dr. Clemens this season.
- 05:57 – What the different scrub colors mean.
- 06:13 – Will we see Paul outside of the hospital much this season?
- 06:32 – On shooting the scenes that take place in the operating room.
- 07:03 – Bailey Jr. could give you stitches if you needed … ugly ones.
- 07:27 – On the zombie run episode.
- 08:01 – Can any season 2 blood and gore top the eye incident from season 1?