With Avengers: Endgame arriving in theaters on April 26th (like you didn’t know!), I recently sat down with director’s Joe and Anthony Russo for an exclusive video interview. Since the studio and the Russo brothers are trying to keep everything about the storyline on Endgame under wraps, it’s a different kind of interview than your usual junket discussion. I could only ask spoiler-free questions, and when it comes to Endgame, pretty much everything is a spoiler. However, I don’t blame the studio or filmmakers. The fact is, the MCU has been building towards this film since Iron Man first arrived over a decade ago and I couldn’t be more excited to see what will happen when Endgame unspools in theaters around the world next week.
During the interview, the Russo brothers talked about the three-hour runtime and why it isn’t longer, deleted scenes, the incredible VFX accomplished on their Marvel films, if they think there is still a stigma about comic book movies/superhero movies that prevents them from winning the bigger awards, if they might do another Marvel movie down the road, how they designed the Endgame ending, what was the final VFX shot they needed to finish, their next movie, Cherry, with Tom Holland, and a lot more.
Check out what they had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about. Avengers: Endgame stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Bradley Cooper, and Josh Brolin.
Joe and Anthony Russo:
- How come Endgame isn’t longer than 3 hours?
- How long was the Avengers: Endgame first cut?
- Do they have any deleted scenes?
- How many VFX shots are in Endgame?
How I think Avengers: Infinity War was robbed at the Academy Awards when the film didn’t win best VFX.
- Do they think there is still a stigma about comic book movies/superhero movies that prevents them from winning awards?
- They talk about their next movie, Cherry, and what it’s about and when they’re making it.
- Could they do another Marvel movie down the road?
- How tough was it to figure out the ending of Endgame?
- How they design the films for themselves and use that for how the structure the story.
- What was the final VFX shot they needed to finish?
For more on Avengers: Endgame, check out the links below:
- Watch the ‘Avengers’ Cast Dunk on Thor & Star-Lord While Reading a Thanos-Themed Children’s Book
- Kevin Feige Says Marvel Has a Five-Year Post-‘Endgame’ Plan, But Don’t Expect X-Men or Fantastic 4
- First ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Clip Explains Captain Marvel’s Long Absence
- Watch: Neil deGrasse Tyson Goes Deep on That ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Ant-Man/Thanos Theory