With director Asger Leth’s (Ghosts of Cité Soleil) Man on a Ledge opening this weekend, I recently got to speak with most of the cast about making the movie. The film centers on an ex-cop (Sam Worthington) convicted of a crime he didn’t commit who stands on the ledge of a Manhattan building, threatening to kill himself. However, what appears to be a suicide attempt is something else altogether. The film also stars Jamie Bell, Anthony Mackie, Elizabeth Banks, Ed Burns, Titus Welliver, Genesis Rodriguez, Kyra Sedgwick, and Ed Harris.
During my interview with Worthington we talked about how he got involved in Man on a Ledge, what was it like to really stand on the ledge, how many takes he likes to do, and if he was ever nervous. In addition, we talked about video games, how he got cast in the Call of Duty commercial with Jonah Hill, how Wrath of the Titans is going to be different from the first film, and an upcoming project called Thunder Run that sounds very cool. Hit the jump to watch.
- We talk about my Legendary t-shirt. They produce some big movies
- How did he get involved in that Call of Duty commercial
- What’s the last video game he’s played
- How did he get involved in Man on a Ledge
- How long was he actually on the ledge of the building
- How many takes does he like to do
- Was there a take on the ledge that he couldn’t wait to get done
- Reveals he’s seen Wrath of the Titans and talks about how it’d different from the first film
- Talks about how Wrath of the Titans is going to be more realistic
- Talks about Thunder Run