With director Bryan Buckley’s R-rated comedy The Bronze now playing in limited release, I recently sat down with Sebastian Stan for an exclusive video interview. During our wide-ranging conversation he talked about his go-to karaoke song, The Bronze’s unique sex scene (which is extremely funny), his on-screen tattoos, the improv nature of this film, a photo he snapped on the Captain America: The Winter Soldier set that he’s been saving, meeting fans from Poland in his PJs in Berlin, his reaction after watching Captain America: Civil War, and so much more.
Written by Melissa Rauch and her husband Winston Rauch, The Bronze is about Hope Greggory (Rauch), a former Olympic bronze medalist (and Dancing with the Stars competitor) who’s not too happy about living back at home with her dad (Gary Cole) and living off the success of her glory days. When a promising young gymnast (Haley Lu Richardson) threatens her local celebrity status, Hope goes into attack mode. The film also stars Sebastian Stan as an USA Olympic team representative and Thomas Middleditch as a local town resident that has a thing for Hope.
Check out what Sebastian Stan had to say below:
- 0:35 – What is his go-to karaoke song
- 1:00 – What he likes to collect.
- 1:48 – Is he proficient on social media?
- 2:55 – What he thought about the crude and funny script.
- 4:05 – How did the hilarious sex scene translate from page to screen?
- 5:02 – Comments on his on-screen tattoos.
- 5:40 – Does he prefer big budget movies like Marvel, or smaller films?
- 7:07 – The improv nature of this film.
- 8:38 – Did he practice working on the improv scenes beforehand?
- 9:34 – A tease about a photo he snapped on the Captain America: Winter Soldier set that he’s been saving.
- 10:36 – A story about filming in Berlin, and meeting fans from Poland in his PJs.
- 12:25 – If he’s seen Captain America: Civil War yet, and his feelings about it.