On this episode, Dave Trumbore reviews Seis Manos, the new anime series on Netflix that comes from Powerhouse Animation and co-creators Brad Graeber and Álvaro Rodríguez. It combines Mexican mythology, 70s kung fu flicks, and the grindhouse stylings of Robert Rodriguez. This one isn’t for the faint of heart, but it is for fans of MexicAnime. Be sure to add it to your watch list today!
If you’re new to our podcast audience, Saturday Mourning Cartoons is a part of the Collider Factory podcast network under the curated Collider Weekly list. If you want to support the podcast, and help us to bring original animation into the world, you can do so at our Patreon page and by subscribing on YouTube. You can find all of our previous and continuing episodes on Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or your favorite iOS or Android app.
And if you have any animated movie or TV related questions for us, please drop us a line at email@example.com, suggest a title to review here, or even call us at the cartoon hotline: 202-681-4406. You can also contact us through Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, or reach out directly @DrClawMD and @seanpaulellis.
- ‘Primal’ Review & Interview with Genndy Tartakovsky | Saturday Mourning Cartoons
- ‘Robot Chicken’ Season 10 Review & Seth Green Interview | Saturday Mourning Cartoons
- ‘The Last Kids on Earth’ Review & Nick Wolfhard Interview | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- Saturday Mourning Cartoons Interview with Brendan Bradley, Creator of ‘Baby X’ & ‘Baby S’
- ‘Steven Universe: The Movie’ Review | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- Listener Suggestion: ‘Kissyfur’ Review | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- ‘Invader ZIM: Enter the Florpus’ Review | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- ‘Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling’ Review & Joe Murray Interview | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- ‘She-Ra’ Creator Noelle Stevenson on Season 3 | Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast
- Saturday Mourning Cartoons Podcast: ‘Batman: Hush’ Review, Now with Bat-Spoilers