With director Neil Burger’s (Limitless) Divergent opening next weekend, I recently landed an exclusive video interview with Shailene Woodley. During the interview, Woodley talked about if she was nervous to take on her first big Hollywood movie, why the police were called to the building where the cast was staying when they were filming in Chicago, if she was nervous doing the stunts, the sequel Insurgent, and more.
For those unfamiliar, the film is based on the Veronica Roth novel of the same name and takes place in a society where people are divided into factions based on their personalities. Tris (Woodley) is a young girl who doesn’t fit into any of the pre-assigned groups and faces grave consequences due to her status as a “Divergent.” Hit the jump to watch the interview. Divergent also stars Theo James, Ashley Judd, Ray Stevenson, Zoe Kravitz, Jai Courtney, Tony Goldwyn, Ansel Elgort,Maggie Q, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Christian Madsen, and Kate Winslet.
If you missed our exclusive video interview with Theo James, watch it here.
- Is it true she took Divergent to help The Spectacular Now get seen by more people
- Was she nervous to take on her first big Hollywood movie?
- Explains why the police were called to the building where everyone was staying during filming.
- How filming in Chicago added to the film.
- Was she nervous to film any of the stunt sequences?
- When is she filming the sequel?