Deon (Dev Patel) and Vincent (Hugh Jackman) are the brains behind the Scout and Moose police robot programs, but it’s Tetra Vaal CEO Michelle Bradley (Sigourney Weaver) who calls the shots. Whereas Deon is trying to bring the technology to a new level by exploring artificial intelligence and Vincent is busy doing everything in his power to have his massive, over-engineered design supporting the local police force, Michelle’s much more concerned about the bottom line, making money and running a successful company.
While promoting Chappie’s March 6th release in New York City, I got the opportunity to talk to Weaver about Michelle’s relationship with Vincent, what she discussed with director Neill Blomkamp regarding the state of the robot making industry, his Alien concept art and also her commitment to Avatar 2, 3 and 4. You can catch it all in the full video interview below.
- As a big fan of the Alien movies, did Neill Blomkamp geek out when they first met?
- Did they discuss his Alien concept art?
- On Michelle Bradley’s relationship with Hugh Jackman’s character, Vincent.
- Her discussions with Blomkamp about the state of the robot making industry.
- On committing to three Avatar movies.