Straight out of the American Film Market (AFM), we’ve got a few more images and synopses to share this afternoon. Briefly:
- Snitch – Dwayne Johnson stars as a father whose son is wrongly accused of a crime and sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear the boy’s name, he must go undercover and risk his own life. The film opens on February 22nd, 2013 and also stars Susan Sarandon, Benjamin Bratt, and Barry Pepper.
- The Quiet Ones – From the same studio behind The Woman in Black, this horror film stars Jared Harris (Mad Men) as a professor who, accompanied by a small group of scientists, sets out to create a poltergeist by causing negative human energy. The film also stars Sam Claflin.
- Project Blue Book – In keeping with the found footage trend, this film puts a spin on the sci-fi genre as the story of a family lost in the mountains of North Carolina who encounter extraterrestrials is told entirely through the lens of a young boy’s camera.
Hit the jump to check out the images and synopses.
Here’s the synopsis for Snitch:
Action superstar Dwayne Johnson headlines this fast-paced thriller as a father whose teenage son is wrongly accused of a crime and is sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear his son’s name, he dangerously goes undercover and risks everything, including his own life, to reduce his son’s sentence.
The ensemble cast includes Academy Awards Winner Susan Sarandon, Emmy Nominee Benjamin Bratt, and Golden Globe Nominee Barry Pepper.
Inspired by a true story, the screenplay was written by Justin Haythe (THE LONE RANGER, REVOLUTIONARY ROAD, THE CLEARING) and adapted by the film’s director Ric Roman Waugh.
Here’s the synopsis for The Quiet Ones:
Inspired by true events, THE QUIET ONES tells the story of an unorthodox professor (Harris) who uses controversial methods and leads his best students off the grid to take part in a dangerous experiment: to create a poltergeist. Based on the theory that paranormal activity is caused by negative human energy, the rogue scientists perform a series of tests on a young patient, pushing her to the edge of sanity. As frightening occurrences begin to take place with shocking and gruesome consequences, the group quickly realizes they have triggered a force more terrifying and evil than they ever could have imagined.
Here’s the synopsis for Project Blue Book:
A terrifying sci-fi story inspired by dramatic found footage, PROJECT BLUE BOOK preys on our fear of the unknown as we follow an average American family who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.
While driving to a campsite in the Brown Mountains of North Carolina, the Morris family’s GPS malfunctions and they are lead to a remote tunnel surrounded by abandoned vehicles. The father, Peter Morris, is abducted leaving his traumatized wife and children to flee and seek refuge in a nearby cabin. There they are horrified to learn that strange lights in the nearby mountains have been linked to alien abduction and human sacrifice for centuries.
When their attempts to alert the authorities are intercepted by the deadly extraterrestrial threat, the surviving members of the family find themselves under siege. A brutal and bloody attack unfolds as we witness the horrors through the lens of the youngest child’s video camera.
Browse our AFM 2012 coverage here:
- Promo Poster for THE WOMAN IN BLACK: ANGEL OF DEATH
- THE EXPENDABLES 3 Confirmed; THE MECHANIC 2 Announced
- Winner of AFM 2012’s Craziest Film: HANSEL AND GRETEL & THE 420 WITCH
- Synopses for JANE GOT A GUN, PARKLAND, GREEN INFERNO, WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES, and AGENT: CENTURY 21
- Promo Poster for Joss Whedon’s MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
- Images and Synopses for CAN A SONG SAVE YOUR LIFE? with Keira Knightley, Ron Howard’s RUSH, and THERESE Starring Elizabeth Olsen
- Promo Posters for TARZAN, IP MAN: THE FINAL FIGHT, SWITCH, and INAPPROPRIATE COMEDY