With Ron Howard’s Solo: A Star Wars Story opening this weekend, I recently sat down with Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge for a video interview. They revealed who was the first person they told after being cast, if they have a favorite Lando cape, if they took home anything from set, and they each shared memorable moments from filming which included the cast dancing and Glover’s father visiting the set.
As most of you know, Solo takes place before the first Star Wars movie and follows a young Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) as he befriends his future copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover). Solo also stars Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Paul Bettany, Joonas Suotamo, Jon Favreau, and Thandie Newton. Solo: A Star Wars Story opens in theaters on May 25th.
Check out what Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge had to say in the layer above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by some recent coverage on the film.
Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge:
- What did they “borrow” from set?
- What’s their favorite Lando cape?
- Who was the first person they got cast and how long did they have to keep the secret?
- Did they ever tell someone the story of the movie during production?
- They each share memorable moments from filming.
For more on Solo: A Star Wars Story:
- ‘Solo’: Joonas Suotamo on Playing Chewbacca for J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson & Ron Howard
- New ‘Solo’ Clip Shows Han Meeting Lando
- Watch Han & Lando Gamble for the Falcon and Hear John Powell’s Score in New ‘Solo’ Clips
Here’s the official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story:
Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo befriends his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and meets the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.