If you missed the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar-winner Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in theaters, you’ve got a great opportunity to rectify that mistake by checking out the Sony Animation film on home video (or on the big screen if it’s still playing in your area). But if you somehow need another nudge towards watching one of the most original superhero stories and animated movies in years, we’ve got a pair of clips from the upcoming Blu-ray to share with you today. One features Phil Lord and Chris Miller talking about designing the many and varied looks that appear throughout the movie, along with star Shameik Moore imparting some words of wisdom. The other features John Mulaney and Spider-Ham; ’nuff said. For fans of the movie (like yours truly), this should get you excited to watch it all over again.
Now available on Digital and arriving on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on March 19th, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse includes over 90 minutes of Special Features, like a never-before-seen SPIDER-HAM Short, Alternate Universe Mode and much more.
Check out these clips from the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Blu-ray Special Features:
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.
As a bonus, check out some newly revealed concept art below. The art features design work by Character Designer Shiyoon Kim, Visual Consultant Alberto Mielgo, Art Director Patrick O’Keefe, and Art Director Dean Gordon. Spider-Ham concept art features design work by Jim Mahfood and Craig Kellman. You can see more of their artwork in “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse The Art of the Movie“, available now in stores.
Bonus Materials Include:
- We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, We Are Spider-Man takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the super hero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the artform as they discuss their journey.
- The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
- Designing Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in animation, and distinct powers for each character.
- Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
- Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
- Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
- 2 Lyric Videos
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham” It’s another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.
For more of our coverage of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, be sure to get caught up by checking out these recent write-ups linked below:
- ‘Into the Spider-Verse’ Editor Reveals How FX’s ‘Legion’ Changed a Pivotal Scene
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Directors on the 160-Page Version of the Script and Their Sequel Ambitions
- ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ Blu-ray Details and Release Date Revealed
- How ‘Aquaman’ and ‘Into the Spider-Verse’ Show the Power of Diversity in Superhero Movies
- Shameik Moore and Jake Johnson on Making ‘Spider-Verse’ with 5 Different Creative Minds