Any interest in scoring a walk-on role in Star Trek Beyond? The cast just kicked off the “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” campaign with Omaze to support nine global causes and give one lucky fan the opportunity to visit the set and appear in the film.
In honor of the commencement of the initiative, John Cho, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and Idris Elba put together a pretty impressive video on the Starship Enterprise bridge set breaking down the details of the campaign. “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” runs from 12:01 a.m. PST on July 14th until 11:59 p.m. PST on September 1st. Click here to check it out and donate.
Every person who contributes $10 using the fundraising platform is entered for a chance to win the “ultimate fan experience,” which consists of the following:
- Fly to Vancouver and stay in a 4-star hotel.
- Go behind the scenes of Star Trek Beyond, hang with the cast, and experience the filming of the movie.
- Be transformed by hair, makeup and costume teams into a Star Trek character and filmed for a scene in Star Trek Beyond.
In addition to the grand prize winner, the folks behind the campaign will also randomly select six other winners each week to form the “Star Trek: To Boldly Go” crew. This crew will fly to Vancouver, visit the closed set, meet the cast and be among the first to check out scenes from the film.
And that’s not all. Even if you aren’t the grand prize winner or one of the six selected for the “To Boldly Go” crew, you can still snag some special Star Trek rewards by donating various amounts to the campaign. $25 will get you a digital thank you card from the cast and crew, $500 will get you some original Star Trek Beyond concept art and if you’d like to go especially big and donate $100,000, you get a replica captain’s chair. Best of all, all of these donations support great causes. Check out each cast member’s philanthropy of choice below:
- Brave Beginnings, an organization dedicated to ensuring that ventilators and life-saving neonatal equipment are always available to newborns in critical need. Nominated by Zoë Saldana.
- Camp Sunshine, a place where children with life-threatening illnesses and their families can regroup, reenergize, and restore hope for the future. Nominated by Anton Yelchin.
- Direct Relief International, one of the premiere disaster relief organizations that operates worldwide. Nominated by Zachary Quinto.
- Heaven Homes, an organization helping establish children’s homes and centers, while providing secure, safe and loving environments where children can be nurtured to realize their full potential. Nominated by Idris Elba.
- KidsCan, an organization that provides food, clothing and healthcare to disadvantaged youth in New Zealand. Nominated by Karl Urban.
- Koreatown Youth & Community Center, an organization serving the evolving needs of the Korean American population in the greater Los Angeles area as well as the multiethnic Koreatown community. Nominated by John Cho.
- Make-A-Wish, whose remarkable work is making wishes come true every day for children suffering from lifethreatening illnesses. Nominated by Chris Pine.
- Time is Precious, an organization helping to create a more comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for children, which in return helps assist with their treatment and recovery. Nominated by Simon Pegg.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, an organization that is leading the way in advancing cures for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Nominated by Susan Nimoy in honor of Leonard Nimoy.