Disney has released what I’m sure is the first of many Star Wars: The Force Awakens TV spots. While we still don’t know the specifics of the plot, and might still be at that point by the release date, the latest crop of marketing tells us that this is a passing of the torch of movie from both sides of the Force. On the light side, you have Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) taking over for Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Han Solo (Harrison Ford), and over on the dark side, there’s Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) promising to finish what Darth Vader started.
Meanwhile we’re all asking “Where’s Luke?” and we haven’t seven seen the digital characters like Lupita Nyong’o’s Maz Kanata, who provides the voiceover for this TV spot. I continue to wonder how much they’ll be able to hold back before the film opens, especially since this is Disney, who loves to show off as much of the movie as possible in their ads.
Check out the Star Wars: The Force Awakens TV spot below. The film opens December 18th, and also stars Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Max von Sydow.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, peruse our recent links below:
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Japanese Poster Puts Kylo Ren Front and Center
- ‘Star Wars’: International Trailer Reveals Lots of New ‘Force Awakens’ Footage
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Character Posters Reveal the Cast
- ‘Star Wars’ Prequel Trilogy Trailer in the Style of ‘The Force Awakens’ Is Actually Kind of Great
- Movie Theaters Banning ‘Star Wars’ Masks and Lightsabers for ‘The Force Awakens’