Disney has released new behind-the-scenes footage for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Much like the video released for Star Wars: The Force Awakens that highlighted the film’s return to practical effects and shined a spotlight on the newest characters in the universe, this clip alternates between finished footage and set videos showing director Gareth Edwards and his cast in action. It’s an intensely up close and personal look at the filmmaking process, which is especially effective considering that Rogue One seems to be a war story told in the trenches.
Star Wars films are famous for their space-based battles, ground warfare, and skirmishes between opposing forces on every level, from characters, to armies, to full star destroyers and space stations. And yet Rogue One feels different, it feels like a more raw and personal story even from the little bit of footage released so far. Whether its Edwards’ direction, the picture-perfect casting, or the emotional musical cues, Rogue One promises to offer up a little something different in a very familiar world.
Check out the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story clip below. The film stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Alan Tudyk, and opens December 16th.
For more on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, click on the links below.
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Releases Even More New Images
- ‘Rogue One’: Kathleen Kennedy Teases “Significantly Larger” Role for Mon Mothma
- ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ Director Gareth Edwards Speaks Up About Those Reshoot Rumors
- ‘Rogue One’: Everything You Need to Know about Darth Vader’s Return
- ‘Rogue One’: 16 New Images from the Latest ‘Star Wars’ Plus Character Info