I almost hate to slap the “rumor” tag on this because I have a hunch it’s correct, I just want to guard us (and you) out of an abundance of caution. And it excites me, which I find funny because I only like two of the Star Wars movies. Because as good as the first trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was, there was part of me that was all amped up to see Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher in character that morning and was a little disappointed when that didn’t happen. In hindsight, that was an expert move on the part of J.J. Abrams and the Disney Marketing team because here I am, five months later, still wondering. Now it looks as though we’re getting that chance. Potential spoilers below.
Latino Review has a detailed breakdown of what, in measured probability, will likely be in the trailer. I’m not going to sum up the whole thing (they go into some detail) but here are some bullet points.
- The lightsaber found by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s characters is green. Which means it could be Luke’s model from Return of the Jedi. Given the rumors thus far this makes sense.
- Han Solo pops up early and can be seen boarding the Millenium Falcon with Chewie (after saying goodbye to Princess Leia). He later says, “You can do this kid, I believe in you.” This could be referring to the following moment…
- Luke Skywalker reveals himself to be the hooded figure at the end of the trailer. The voiceover from Andy Serkis warns, “Don’t get too sentimental.“
Head over to Latino Review for more, including some detailed battle descriptions. I also kind of hope we get a peek at Adam Driver in this trailer, and I imagine we will. I’d be if Avengers: Age of Ultron didn’t have this Star Wars: The Force Awakens when it premieres on May 1st. I’d also bet money on it airing during the Star Wars Celebration, which runs from April 16th-19th.
For more on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, click on the links below, or here for all of our coverage.
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Director J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Chewbacca, and More Say “Thank You” for Donations
- Rumor: New STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Character Name Revealed; Is Gwendoline Christie Playing “Captain Phasma?”
- Disney’s STAR WARS Attractions to Be Based on New Sequels and Spinoffs, Not the Older Films
- George Lucas Further Estranges Himself from Fans; Says He Hasn’t Seen the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Trailer
- Watch: SNL Takes on the STAR WARS Trailer with Elderly Han, Luke, and Leia
- “Original STAR WARS Fan” Stephen Colbert Explains to Ignorant Padawans How the New Lightsaber in THE FORCE AWAKENS Works
- Rumor: Andy Serkis Playing More than One Character in STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS?