Could a mixtape save the world? In the new cosmic horror drama Starfish, the answer might just be yes. The new film from Yellow Veil Pictures and The Orchard stars Halloween standout Virginia Gardner as Aubrey, a young woman struggling with the death of her best friend when she wakes up in a world where she’s seemingly the only survivor. With only one clue — a cassette tape labeled “THIS MIXTAPE WILL SAVE THE WORLD” — Aubrey has to make her way through the cosmic horrors of the apocalypse.
Written and directed by A.T. White, Starfish will hit theaters in a cross-country roadshow starting March 13th. You can get a sense of the lyrical, surreal apocalyptic thriller in the official trailer, and check out a list of theaters where you can catch Starfish during the theatrical roadshow, followed by our exclusive poster debut below:
The Starfish roadshow runs from:
- March 13*, 15, 16, Brooklyn NY, Nitehawk Cinema
- March 15*, Yonkers NY, Alamo Drafthouse
- March 16*, Boston MA, Coolidge Corner Theater
- March 18*, Philadelphia PA, The Rotunda
- March 20*, Columbus OH, Gateway Film Center
- March 21*, Cleveland OH, Cleveland Cinematheque
- March 22-24, Brooklyn NY, Film Noir Cinema
- March 24*, Winchester VA, Alamo Drafthouse
- March 27*-31, Knoxville TN, Central Cinema
- March 29* 30*-April 4, Chicago IL, Facets
- April 2*, Omaha NE, Alamo Drafthouse Midtown
- April 6*, Denver CO, Sie Film Center
- April 12-14, San Francisco CA, Alamo Drafthouse New Mission
- April 13*-14, Phoenix AZ, FilmBar
- April 18*, Los Angeles CA, The Landmark
- April 19, Austin TX, Alamo Drafthouse Mueller
- April 19*, Los Angeles CA, The Arena Cinelounge
*Director A.T. White expected to attend.
Here’s the official synopsis for Starfish:
When a mysterious signal from an unknown dimension summons the end of days, its appears as if only Aubrey (Virginia Gardner) is left on earth. Trapped in the apartment of her recently deceased best friend, the only clue she has is a single cassette left behind after her friends death, labeled: “THIS MIXTAPE WILL SAVE THE WORLD.”
Thrust into a mystery orchestrated by her friend and stricken with grief, Aubrey begins to piece the clues together, uncovering a series of tapes all with pieces of the mystery signal. Along the way, progress is impeded when monstrous creatures begin to overrun the world and enclose in on her. Aubrey is forced to fight off the encroaching creatures and move beyond her own crippling grief in order to find the remaining tapes. But will completing the signal save the world?
You can check out all the info on roadshow dates and tickets here.