Despite being privy to press screenings on occasion and even online screeners in rare instances, I’m still big on seeing a movie on the day it opens, especially if it’s one that has the potential to be genuinely good. For reasons that escape me now, I fought through a lunatic crowd of DC fans to sit down and watch Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but frankly, being there with the audience, hearing the variety of responses to that…thing…was the best part of the whole experience.
For those who don’t want to wade through the small sea of ticket buyers to get tickets for DC’s next big tentpole, Suicide Squad, Warner Bros has just dropped a advance ticket sales announcement in the form of a short promo that features, to my eyes, a few new snippets of footage of Jared Leto‘s Joker and Margot Robbie‘s Harley Quinn. Tickets for David Ayer‘s hugely promising DC adaptation will be going on sale this Friday for showings that will start Thursday evening from what I can gather. And though I have every expectation that Suicide Squad will be a more entertaining and substantive film than Batman v Superman, I’m similarly impatient to buy my ticket, sit down on opening night, and hear how people react to the latest attempt by DC to be half as enjoyable as Marvel’s recent line of features.
Here’s the advance tickets promo for Suicide Squad:
Check out all of our recent set visit interviews and pieces for Suicide Squad below. Suicide Squad opens in theaters on August 5th.
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Over 55 Things to Know about the Ambitious DC Film
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Margot Robbie on Understanding Harley Quinn, Cracking The Joker, and Fighting in Heels
- ‘Suicide Squad’: David Ayer on Shooting on Film, Directing The Joker, and Working in the DC Universe
- Here’s How Batman Figures into the Plot of ‘Suicide Squad’
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Director and Cast on the Intensely Personal Rehearsal Process