The winner of Super Bowl 50 is in the books, but which major movie release made the biggest wave with its gameday TV spot? Big, blockbuster films like Independence Day: Resurgence and Alice Through the Looking Glass were safe bets to appear on TV screens across the world, as were trailers for superhero films like Batman v Superman, Captain America: Civil War, and X-Men: Apocalypse. Football fans also got some surprises by way of Matt Damon’s new trailer for Jason Bourne and the more family friendly Illumination Entertainment picture, The Secret Life of Pets, with Key and Peele’s Keanu closing out the day.
We rounded up all of the movies that had a presence on Super Bowl Sunday, and have provided a quick checklist of release dates as well. Vote for your favorite below!
- Deadpool – February 12th
- Gods of Egypt – February 26th
- Eddie the Eagle – February 26th
- 10 Cloverfield Lane – March 11th
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – March 25th
- The Jungle Book – April 16th
- Keanu – April 29th
- Captain America: Civil War – May 6th
- Alice Through the Looking Glass – May 27th
- X-Men: Apocalypse – May 27th
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadow – June 3rd
- Independence Day: Resurgence – June 24th
- The Secret Life of Pets – July 8th
- Jason Bourne – July 29th
So which movie got its money’s worth out of its Super Bowl spot? Cast your vote in the poll below!
For more of our coverage from Super Bowl 50 – including commercials, trailers, and more – click on the following links:
- Watch This Year’s Best Super Bowl Commercials
- ‘Batman v Superman’ Invites You to Visit Gotham City or Metropolis on Turkish Airlines
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Commercial: The Mutants Go to War
- ‘10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Spot Breaks Out of the Bunker
- Watch Hulk and Ant-Man Fight Their Own Civil War over the Last Can of Coke
- New ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Super Bowl TV Spot Teases Superhero Showdown of a Different Kind