Now playing in theaters is Laika’s The Boxtrolls. Making their stop-motion debut is directors Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable and the film is based on the children’s novel Here Be Monsters by Alan Snow. Featuring the voices of Isaac Hempstead Wright, Elle Fanning, Sir Ben Kingsley, Toni Collette, Nick Frost, Simon Pegg, Richard Ayoade, Tracy Morgan, and Jared Harris, The Boxtrolls is about a young orphaned boy named Eggs (Wright) who is raised by underground cave-dwelling trash collectors who he must save from evil exterminator Archibald Snatched (Kingsley). For more on the film, read Matt’s review or click here for trailers, images, interviews, and everything we’ve posted on the film.
At the L.A. press day I landed a video interview with directors Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable. They talked about the technical challenges making The Boxtrolls, how the crew from Paranorman and Coraline never disbanded, if they had any big changes during pre-production, deleted scenes, what will be on The Boxtrolls Blu-ray, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
Anthony Stacchi and Graham Annable:
- They talk about the technical challenges they overcame making The Boxtrolls.
- How the crew from Paranorman and Coraline have now worked on three features in a row when they usually disband after a project.
- Did they have any big changes during pre-roduction?
- Did they cut anything out of the film at the last second that might be on the Blu-ray? They say the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray are all storyboards.
- They talk about how they had a different beginning and then they changed it.
- They talk about what else will be on the Blu-ray.