Confession time. I’ve never seen an Expendables movie. But since I’m fairly certain I’ll be covering director Patrick Hughes‘ The Expendables 3 in some capacity this summer, maybe I’ll grab a few beers and make time for the first two installments sometime soon. How can I not prepare myself fully for a film where Mel Gibson plays a character named Conrad Stonebanks? To that effect, we’ve got a new motion poster for the film that features some fancy cigar action and a hell of a billing block.
Opening August 15th, the film stars Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kelsey Grammer, Antonio Banderas, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Kellan Lutz, Ronda Rousey, Victor Ortiz, and Glen Powell. Hit the jump for the new Expendables 3 motion poster along with a new TV spot. [Warning: Motion poster autoplays with sound, so adjust your speakers accordingly.]
The spot below, for what it’s worth, looks better to me than the last trailer and the footage I saw from The Expendables and Expendables 2 combined.
In THE EXPENDABLES 3, Barney (Stallone), Christmas (Statham) and the rest of the team come face-to-face with Conrad Stonebanks (Gibson), who years ago co-founded The Expendables with Barney. Stonebanks subsequently became a ruthless arms trader and someone who Barney was forced to kill… or so he thought. Stonebanks, who eluded death once before, now is making it his mission to end The Expendables — but Barney has other plans. Barney decides that he has to fight old blood with new blood, and brings in a new era of Expendables team members, recruiting individuals who are younger, faster and more tech-savvy. The latest mission becomes a clash of classic old-school style versus high-tech expertise in the Expendables’ most personal battle yet.
While we’re on the topic, here’s Steve’s visit coverage:
- Sylvester Stallone Talks Topping THE AVENGERS, the Cast, Using Actors’ “Baggage” as an Advantage, and More on the Set of THE EXPENDABLES 3
- Director Patrick Hughes Talks THE EXPENDABLES 3, How He Landed the Job, the Action Sequences, Putting the Cast Together, THE RAID Remake, and More
- Antonio Banderas Talks THE EXPENDABLES 3, the Changes He Made to His Character, PUSS IN BOOTS 2, Working with Terrence Malick, and More
- Kellan Lutz Talks THE EXPENDABLES 3, Working Out with the Cast, Improvising One-Liners, His Desire to Play He-Man, and More
- 35 Things to Know about THE EXPENDABLES 3 from Our Set Visit