A few days ago, we got to meet Jay Garrick (Teddy Sears) by way of a teaser trailer for season two of The Flash. Now, The CW has released an extended version of that same teaser that reveals the source of the very specific threat that Garrick was warning Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and the S.T.A.R. Labs team about. Though Al Rothstein, aka Atom-Smasher (Adam Copeland) makes an appearance as an early antagonist to The Flash this season, he soon reveals that he was sent by another.
Yes, as fans of The Flash comics have been anticipating, the Scarlet Speedster’s archnemesis Zoom will be wreaking havoc across the known and unknown worlds in the upcoming season. The singularity event that closed out season one has apparently opened a portal between worlds, which Zoom is using to funnel metahumans through in order to snuff out The Flash. Luckily, Barry has newcomer Garrick by his side, and as this extended teaser shows, also has another ally in Patty Spivot (Shantel VanSanten).
Take a look at the extended trailer for Season 2 of The Flash below:
An unstoppable force is coming. The Flash season 2 premieres Tuesday, Oct. 6!
Here’s a look at some of our recent coverage of The Flash:
- Candice Patton Talks ‘The Flash’ Season 2, Joining S.T.A.R. Labs, and Being a Role Model
- Danielle Panabaker Talks ‘The Flash’ Season 2, Killer Frost, and ‘Legends of Tomorrow’
- Watch New Promos for Upcoming Seasons of ‘The Flash’, ‘Heroes Reborn’ and ‘The Muppets’
- Watch: ’The Flash’ Season 2 Promo Teases Atom Smasher … and a Flash-Signal?
- ‘The Flash’ Producer Gabrielle Stanton Talks Speed Force and Jay Garrick in Season 2
- ‘The Flash’: First Look at Jay Garrick Pays Homage to Comics Multiverse
The Flash returns to The CW for its Season 2 premiere “The Man Who Saved Central City” on Tuesday, October 6th at 8pm.