A few months ago, Odd City and artist Laurent Durieux released some very cool posters for Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather. With the popularity of the film and Durieux, it was no surprise the regular, variant, and extremely limited wood editions sold out very fast.
This Friday they’re at it again, as Odd City will be releasing Laurent Durieux’s The Godfather Part II posters. Like last time, there’s the regular edition, which goes for $65, the variant edition for $100, and a wood edition for $300 with a limited run of 60. All editions are printed by SP Productions in Brussels with 12 colors and they’re all signed by Durieux.
While both posters are great, I’ll admit the variant, which has Italian text, is my personal preference. If you’re interested in purchasing the limited screenprints, get ready to hit F5 a lot this Friday when they go on sale at a random time at the Odd City Store.
Here are the posters followed by some info on Laurent Durieux and Odd City.
GODFATHER PART II RELEASE INFORMATION:
- Godfather Part II by Laurent Durieux
- Limited Edition 24×36 screen print
- Regular Edition – 375 prints, $65 each
- Variant Edition w/ Italian Text – 200 prints, $100 each
- Wood Edition (regular colorway) – 60 prints, $300 each
- All Editions printed by SP Productions in Brussels with 12 Colors
- All prints numbered and signed by the artist
- PRE SALE begins Friday, March 6th 2015 at the Odd City Store at a random time.
About LAURENT DURIEUX:
Laurent Durieux is a Brussels based illustrator and graphic artist. His recent work on alternative movie posters for titles like Steven Spielberg’s Jaws has brought him much deserved attention Stateside.
In 2011 Durieux was named one of the world’s 200 Best Illustrators by international advertising magazine Lürzer’s Archive. See more of his work at www.laurentdurieux.com