Continuing our coverage of images from films that will be featured at January’s Sundance Film Festival, we bring you images from two of the higher profile dramas that will be screened in-competition at the festival: The Ledge and Like Crazy. The Ledge stars Liv Tyler, Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy), Patrick Wilson, and Terrence Howard. The film centers on a man (Hunnam) threatening to jump from the ledge of a building by noon, and the people down below who are trying to get to the bottom of what’s going on.
Like Crazy tells the story of a long distance relationship between a young American guy and a young British girl. The film features Anton Yelchin (Star Trek), Felicity Jones (The Tempest), and Jennifer Lawrence (Winter’s Bone). Hit the jump to check out images and a brief synopsis for each films. The 2011 Sundance Film Festival runs from January 20 -30th.
(Director and screenwriter: Matthew Chapman) – Perched on a ledge, a man says he must jump by noon, while a cop races against time to get to the bottom of it. Cast: Charlie Hunnam, Liv Tyler, Patrick Wilson, Terrence Howard, Christopher Gorham.
(Director: Drake Doremus; Screenwriters: Drake Doremus and Ben York Jones) – A young American guy and a young British girl meet in college and fall in love. Their love is tested when she is required to leave the country and they must face the challenges of a long-distance relationship. Cast: Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlie Bewley, Alex Kingston.
And here are links to the first images from other films playing at Sundance:
- Another Earth (starring William Mapother, Brit Marling, and Jordan Baker)
- Benavides Born (starring Corina Calderon, Jeremy Ray Valdez, and Joseph Julian Soria)
- Cedar Rapids (starring John C. Reilly, Ed Helms, and Sigourney Weaver)
- Circumstance (starring Nikohl Boosheri, Sarah Kazemy, and Reza Sixo Safai)
- The Convincer (starring Greg Kinnear, Billy Crudup, and Alan Arkin)
- The Details (starring Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Banks, and Laura Linney)
- The Devil’s Double (starring Dominic Cooper, Ludivine Sagnier, and Mimoun Oaissa)
- HERE (starring Ben Foster, Lubna Azabal and Narek Nersisyan)
- Higher Ground (starring Vera Farmiga, John Hawkes, and Dagmara Dominczyk)
- Homework (starring Freddie Highmore, Emma Roberts, and Michael Angarano)
- I Melt With You (starring Rob Lowe, Thomas Jane, and Jeremy Piven)
- The Ledge (starring Charlie Hunnam, Liv Tyler, Patrick Wilson, Terrence Howard, Christopher Gorham)
- Life in a Day (directed by Kevin Macdonald, produced by Ridley Scott)
- Like Crazy (starring Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlie Bewley, Alex Kingston)
- Little Birds (starring Juno Temple, Kay Panabaker, Leslie Mann, Kate Bosworth, and Kyle Gallner)
- Margin Call (starring Kevin Spacey, Zachary Quinto, and Paul Bettany)
- Martha Marcy May Marlene (starring Elizabeth Olsen, Hugh Dancy, and John Hawkes)
- The Music Never Stopped (starring J.K. Simmons, Julia Ormond, and Cara Seymour)
- My Idiot Brother (starring Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, and Zooey Deschanel)
- On The Ice (starring Josiah Patkotak, Frank Qutuq Irelan, Teddy Kyle Smith, Adamina Kerr, and Sierra Jade Sampson)
- Pariah (starring Adepero Oduye, Pernell Walker and Kim Wayans)
- Perfect Sense (starring Ewan McGregor, Eva Green, and Ewen Bremner)
- Red State (directed by Kevin Smith; Starring Michael Parks, John Goodman, and Melissa Leo)
- Salvation Boulevard (starring Pierce Brosnan, Jennifer Connelly, and Ed Harris)
- The Son of No One (starring Channing Tatum, Al Pacino, and Juliette Binoche)
- Terri (starring Jacob Wysocki, John C. Reilly, and Creed Bratton)
- Win Win (starring Paul Giamatti, Amy Ryan, and Jeffrey Tambor)