The Nice Guys, from Iron Man 3 director Shane Black, looks like a ‘70s blowout, from Russell Crowe’s tiki shirt to Ryan Gosling’s ‘stash. As if it couldn’t be more far out, Warner Bros. has given iam8bit the rights to design and release The Nice Guys Collector’s Edition Vinyl.
In addition to 15 songs, this soundtrack collection features 2xLP 180-gram vinyl, a nude 3D centerfold, 3D glasses, The Nice Guys business card, liner notes by Black, adult-only XXX wrap, one of six double-sided pin-up posters, and a download for the digital soundtrack. See the track list, featured on four sides, below.
- “Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone,” The Temptations
- “Get Down On It,” Kool & The Gang
- “Boogie Oogie Oogie,” A Taste of Honey
- “September,” Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Couldn’t Get It Right,” Climax Blues Band
- “Love and Happiness,” Al Green
- “Dazz,” Brick
- “Boogie Wonderland,” Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Jive Talkin’,” Bee Gees
- “Rock and Roll All Nite,” Kiss
- “Ain’t Got No Home,” The Band
- “Escape (The Piña Colada Song),” Rupert Holmes
- “Lonely Boy,” Andrew Gold
- “A Horse with No Name,” America
- “Green Peppers,” Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
The vinyl collection can be pre-ordered at iam8bit.com and will be shipped this May.
The Nice Guys also features Matt Bomer, Kim Basinger, Ty Simpkins (Jurassic World), and Yaya DaCosta (forever known as runner-up from America’s Next Top Model cycle 3). The story, also from Black, tells of a private eye (Gosling) and a hired enforcer/“messenger” (Crowe) who work together to solve the death of a fading porn 1970s L.A.
The Nice Guys is scheduled for theaters on May 20th. Here’s the official synopsis:
“The Nice Guys” takes place in 1970s Los Angeles, when down-on-his-luck private eye Holland March (Gosling) and hired enforcer Jackson Healy (Crowe) must work together to solve the case of a missing girl and the seemingly unrelated death of a porn star. During their investigation, they uncover a shocking conspiracy that reaches up to the highest circles of power.