On this episode of Collider TV Talk (October 24, 2016) Josh Macuga, David Griffin, Sinéad de Vries and Sasha Perl-Raver discuss:
- The Walking Dead Premiere Discussion
- AT&T in talks to acquire Time Warner
- American Crime Story season 3
- Jessica Jones season 3 all female directors
- Agents of Shield recap
- Black Mirror Season 3 recap
- Highs and lows
- Twitter questions
This past weekend, The Walking Dead returned with its seventh season premiere. The highly anticipated return to the zombie apocalyptic show picked up where last seasoned ended and it began with a bang. The panel recap the premiere and give their detailed thoughts.
It was announced Saturday that AT&T was in talks to acquire Time Warner for 85 billion dollars, which means the wireless company would own networks like HBO and CNN. Obviously many experts think the deal may not go through, but if it does, AT&T would now be in the market for original programming.
FX, the network behind American Crime Story and fresh off the success of The People vs. OJ Simpson have announced season 3 will focus on the Versace murders. Season 2 of the series will follow the tragedies and corruption following Hurricane Katrina, and is currently filming – with season 3 shoot concurrently. Based on the book Vulgar Favors by Vanity Fair writer Maureen Orth, Tom Rob Smith will write the first two episodes in the season as well as subsequent episodes. Produced by Fox 21, the season will be titled Versace/Cunanan: American Crime Story.
In a report from Variety, Melissa Rosenberg, showrunner for Marvel’s Jessica Jones, which is currently heading towards pre-production, announced that she will be hiring female directors for all 13 episodes.
- Agents of Shield Recap
- Arrow Recap
- Pilot Review of Chance on HULU
- Black Mirror Season Recap
Highs and Lows
- New Legion Teaser – February 2017 Release
- Comedy Central bringing Tracey Morgan series to Life
- Carol Burnett Returning to ABC in new comedy series
- Fox gets Bad Sugar from Sharon Horgan and Patty Breen
- Haters Back Off on Netflix