A new Japanese trailer for director James Mangold’s sequel The Wolverine has made its way online. The film finds Hugh Jackman’s titular character isolated in modern day Japan where he faces his ultimate nemesis “in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed.” There are a few bits of new footage to be found in this trailer, including an increased focus on Wolverine’s possible mortality in the face of danger. The action sequences continue to look impressive, and I’m hoping the reliance on CG is minimal since the most promising stuff in all of the trailers we’ve seen thus far is the tight, hand-to-hand combat scenes.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. The film also stars Will Yun Lee, Hiroyuki Sanada, Brian Tee, Rila Fukushima, Tao Okamoto and Svetlana Khodchenkova. The Wolverine opens on July 26th.
Via Bleeding Cool.
Here’s the official synopsis for The Wolverine:
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine, the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.
Click here to catch up on all of our coverage of The Wolverine, or peruse the recent links below:
- Fox Will Have to Replace 50% of Their Outdoor Campaign for THE WOLVERINE Due to Theft
- 12 New High-Resolution Images from THE WOLVERINE
- THE WOLVERINE Gets Sweded
- New Posters for THE HANGOVER PART III and THE WOLVERINE
- New Behind-the-Scenes Images from THE WOLVERINE and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Hugh Jackman Talks THE WOLVERINE, Viper, the Bullet Train Sequence, and the Film’s X-MEN Cameo
- Domestic Trailer for THE WOLVERINE
- International Trailer for THE WOLVERINE
- 2 New Posters and 8 New Images from THE WOLVERINE