The Thursday TV ratings for April 16th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., The Big Bang Theory (up 6 percent from last week) helped CBS win the night in the key 18-49 demographic and with viewers overall, with a 3.7 rating and 14.5 million viewers.
- Those numbers probably also gave The Odd Couple a boost at 8:30 p.m. to a 2.2 rating and 9.77 million viewers, up 5 percent from last week.
- Grey’s Anatomy at 8 p.m. on ABC stayed steady with last week’s numbers, notching a 2.1 rating and 7.58 million viewers.
- Scandal, on the other hand, rebounded 14 percent from it season low last week to a 2.4 rating and 7.86 million viewers at 9 p.m. on ABC.
American Crime even got a piece of the positivity pie, jumping 22 percent to a 1.1 rating and 4.44 million viewers at 10 p.m. (it still lost to Elementary and Dateline, but hey, take your kicks where you can get ’em, American Crime!)
- Fox didn’t have a great night, though; Bones at 8 p.m. was down to a series low 1.0 rating and 4.75 million viewers, while Backstrom at 9 p.m. continued its ratings roller coaster ride. This time, it plummeted 13 percent to a 0.7 rating and 3.36 million viewers.
- On the CW at 8 p.m., The Vampire Diaries was down to a series low 0.6 rating and 1.34 million viewers, down 14 percent from its most recent new episode.
- At 9 p.m., Reign bounced up 33 percent to a 0.4 rating and 1 million viewers. The CW is patient when it wants to be!
- As alluded to earlier, Elementary won its 10 p.m. slot with a 1.4 rating and 7.43 million viewers on CBS, while NBC’s Dateline came in second that hour with a 1.1 rating and 5.44 million viewers.