The Thursday TV ratings for May 7th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., The Big Bang Theory was back up to a 3.5 rating in the key 18-49 demographic. It also notched 14.32 million viewers, helping CBS win the night with viewers overall. (The eye network tied with ABC for the ratings win).
- Grey’s Anatomy is settling back down after the departure of a major cast member. The series is down to a 2.2 from a 2.6, and brought in 7.88 million viewers.
- Fox’s Bones notched up a tenth to a 1.1 rating and 4.52 million viewers, while CW’s The Vampire Diaries also saw a small bump to a 0.6 rating and 1.31 million viewers.
- Despite TBBT‘s gains, The Odd Couple was down to a series low 1.8 rating and 8.51 million viewers at 8:30 p.m, and then down to another series low in its second episode at 9 p.m., pulling a 1.5 rating and 7.03 million viewers for CBS.
At 9 p.m., Scandal was down a notch to a 2.2 and 7.45 million viewers, but The Blacklist on NBC was up two tenths from its series low, to a 1.4 rating and 6.75 million viewers.
- Reign, on the CW, was steady with last week’s series low numbers of a 0.3 rating and 0.96 million viewers. And yet, it has been renewed!
- At 10 p.m., Elementary was down a tenth to a 1.1 rating and 6.88 million viewers on CBS to win the hour, while ABC’s inexplicably renewed American Crime crawled up to a 1.0 rating and 4.26 million viewers. NBC’s stalwart Dateline was down to a 0.8 and 4.92 million viewers.