The Thursday TV ratings for May 21st are in; here are some of the highlights:
- As we settle into the summer schedule, reruns rule the waves, and the numbers are not particularly robust for anyone. Let’s get down to the meager offerings though, such as they are —
- The second night of ABC’s 500 Questions at 8 p.m. was down 17 percent to a 1.0 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and pulled 4.59 million viewers.
- NBC’s first Red Nose Day charity live event didn’t post great numbers, either. It notched a 0.8 rating and 3.19 million viewers, starting at 8 p.m. If you missed out, though, you can check out our rundown of some of the best clips here.
- It should be noted that everything in the 8 p.m. hour lost out to a rerun of The Big Bang Theory on CBS. Its 1.5 rating and 8 million viewers also gave CBS the win for the night in the ratings race and among viewers overall.
- At 9 p.m., a new episode of Fox’s Wayward Pines (the first and only new episode of a scripted series to air on broadcast Thursday night) rose two tenths from last week’s numbers, garnering a 1.2 rating and 4.58 million viewers.