The Thursday TV ratings for May 14th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- Another big night of season finales kicked off with Grey’s Anatomy at 8 p.m. on ABC, which was up a tenth to a 2.2 rating in the key 18-49 advertising demographic, and notched 8.25 million viewers.
- Fox’s Bones dropped to a 1.0 rating and 4.65 million viewers in that time slot, but The Vampire Diaries was up 17 percent to a 0.7 rating and 1.45 million viewers for its season finale on the CW.
- The season finale of CBS’s The Odd Couple was steady with a 1.8 rating and 8.22 million viewers at 8:30 p.m.
Scandal‘s season finale at 9 p.m. on ABC was up to a healthy 2.3 rating and 8.12 million viewers, but that’s still down significantly (32 percent) from last year’s 3.4 finale rating.
- The Blacklist on NBC got a little ratings bump for its season finale at 9 p.m., rising to a 1.5 rating and 7.36 million viewers.
- The season premiere of Fox’s Wayward Pines was very soft, though, with a 1.0 rating and 3.81 million viewers. That’s on par with NBC’s American Odyssey and ABC’s American Crime, two shows that never recovered past those numbers.
- The season finale of Reign on the CW was up to a 0.4 rating from last week’s series low, and brought in 0.87 million viewers. According to the CW’s upfronts, they are hoping a move to Fridays in the fall will help Reign‘s numbers. We’ll see!
- Elementary was up for CBS at 10 p.m., bringing in a 1.2 rating and 6.93 million viewers.
- A new episode of Dateline on NBC was up 25 percent to a 1.0 rating and 5.05 million viewers, beating the season finale of ABC’s improbably renewed American Crime, with its 1.0 rating and 4.31 million viewers.