As if we needed another reason to visit the theater on December 16th for the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, now we know that a teaser trailer for a highly anticipated 2017 movie will be playing in front of it. While it’s been rumored that Spider-Man: Homecoming will be playing its first trailer in front of Rogue One, we have confirmation from director Michael Bay himself that the first teaser trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight will indeed be making an appearance during the Star Wars anthology movie’s theatrical release.
Bay took to Facebook to respond to fans’ questions about when they could expect the first good look at the fifth Transformers film. Turns out, we only have a couple of weeks to wait. There’s a good chance the teaser will make its way onto the internet ahead of Rogue One‘s theatrical debut, but these are the kinds of movies that beg to be seen on the big screen. It’s the only way to watch these metallic monstrosities clashing against each other in a dizzying visual display of chrome on chrome, but with the added insanity of mashing up Arthurian legend with Nazis and mini-dinobots, your puny computer monitor simply can’t contain all the crazy.
Transformers: The Last Knight stars Mark Wahlberg, Laura Haddock, Anthony Hopkins, Isabela Moner, Stanley Tucci, John Goodman, John Turturro, and Josh Duhamel and opens in theaters on June 23, 2017.
Here’s Bay himself revealing the teaser trailer info:
For more on Transformers: The Last Knight, be sure to check out our recent write-ups below:
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Featurette CeIebrates IMAX & Michael Bay’s Collaborative History
- Michael Bay Reveals His Medieval Cast in New ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Set Videos
- ‘Transformers 5’: Winston Churchill’s Grandson Weighs in on Draping Nazi Banners on Blenheim Palace
- ‘Transformers 5’: Michael Bay Responds to Nazi Flag Controversy, Reveals a New Character
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’: Nazis, Mini-Dinobots, and King Arthur, Oh My!