Though The Walking Dead will be returning to AMC for the second half of its sixth season on Sunday, February 14th, it will be likely be quite a while before we see Jeffrey Dean Morgan fully step into the role of comic book baddie, Negan. While he’s not exactly reading pages of the script on national TV, Dean Morgan did stop by Late Night with Seth Meyers and the conversation inevitably turned to the upcoming portrayal of this infamous villain.
Since Dean Morgan will be doing double-duty between The Walking Dead and The Good Wife, many fans were wondering just what the AMC casting would mean for the CBS show. At the forefront of those curious fans was Dean Morgan’s own mom, who seemed to be less excited about his role in TV’s most-watched series and more concerned about how it would impact her stories. Here’s what he had to say about both shows.
On The Walking Dead and playing Negan:
“He’s a game-changer. It’s a complete 180 from what I’m doing on The Good Wife, which for an actor is a dream come true. I get to be the biggest ass in the world.”
On The Good Wife and his mother’s reaction to his conflicting casting:
“When I took the show, she was like, ‘What does this mean with The Good Wife?’ She was devastated that this could be the end. I was like, ‘Mom, keep your pants on.’“
Watch Dean Morgan do his best to avoid talking about Negan and The Walking Dead during his visit to Late Night with Seth Meyers:
For more on The Walking Dead, take a look at some of our recent coverage below:
- ‘The Walking Dead’: Robert Kirkman Compares Negan’s Arrival to an Atomic Bomb
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Premiere Picks up Where Things Sloughed Off
- AMC Has No Plans to End ‘The Walking Dead’
- Frank Darabont Rips AMC Executives over ‘The Walking Dead’ Firing and Profit Sharing
- ‘The Walking Dead’: New Mid-Season Trailer Further Teases Negan’s Arrival
- ‘The Walking Dead’: Jeffrey Dean Morgan “Really F-ing Excited” to Bring Negan to Life