The Wednesday TV ratings for May 13th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- At 8 p.m., CBS’s Survivor was up a tenth from last week to a 2.2 rating in the key 18-49 demographic, and 9.43 million viewers, winning its timeslot.
- The season finale of The Middle on ABC was steady with its regular season numbers, though down in comparison to last year’s season finale. It ended up notching a 1.7 rating and 6.99 million viewers.
- The season finale of American Idol on Fox got a small bump regarding its numbers for this season, but is way down from last year — in fact, this is its lowest ranked finale ever. Its final rating was a 1.6, with 7.74 million viewers. Those numbers did help Fox win the night overall with viewers, though.
The (totally bananas) season finale of Arrow was steady with a 1.0 and 2.8 million viewers on the CW, and is up a tenth from last year’s season finale.
- The season finale (…) of The Goldbergs was tied with last week’s numbers for ABC with a 2.0 and 6.71 million viewers at 8:30 p.m., but made huge gains from last year’s season finale numbers.
- Modern Family at 9 p.m. (not a season finale!) was down two tenths from last week, but it’s strong 2.7 rating and 8.1 million viewers helped ABC win the night in the ratings race. black-ish at 9:30 p.m., though, was down to a 2.1 rating and 6.17 million viewers.
- Law & Order: SVU leapt up from last week’s season low almost 25% to a 1.5 rating and 6.76 million viewers.
- The two-hour CSI: Cyber season finale on CBS was steady with last week’s numbers — which happened to be a series low — in both of its timeslots this week: at 9 p.m. it notched a 1.2 rating and 6.88 million viewers, and at 10 p.m. it brought in another 1.2 rating and 6.69 million viewers.
- Back at 9 p.m., Supernatural on the CW was up two tenths to a 0.8 rating and 2.14 million viewers. Though I wonder if some of that was hangover from people just going “what did I just see??” on Arrow.
- At 10 p.m., NBC’s Chicago P.D. was up two tenths from its series low to a 1.6 rating and 6.84 million viewers, winning the timeslot.
- The season finale of Nashville on ABC, also at 10 p.m., was steady with last week’s 1.3 rating and 4.7 million viewers.