The weekly TV ratings for Sunday, September 6th through Thursday September 11th are in; here are some of the highlights (as a reminder, the daily TV ratings are on hiatus until the fall season picks back up):
- AMC and Fear the Walking Dead took Labor Day Weekend off, which left The Last Ship as the winner for the night on cable, with a 0.7 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and 2.75 million viewers at 9 p.m. for TNT. The Strain did ok for FX at 10 p.m. with a 0.5 rating and 1.2 million viewers but again, it was a holiday weekend.
- Back on broadcast Sunday, in a night filled with reruns, the two-night finale of ABC’s Bachelor in Paradise fell three tenths to a 1.0 ratin, and 3.81 million viewers at 8 p.m. On Monday, it was down a point to a 1.4 rating and 4.8 million viewers at 9 p.m., which it mostly held for its after show at 10 p.m.
Monday saw a rather sharp drop for American Ninja Warrior at 8 p.m. on NBC, down from a 2.1 rating last week to a 1.6 this week, and 6.1 million viewers
- The premiere of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert delivered a 1.4 rating (beating the other late night competition) and 6.6 million viewers overall. The show was one of the biggest late night premieres in awhile, but that’s not surprising given Colbert’s high profile and the popularity of the Late Show in general. The rest of the week saw more competitive numbers across the board, but it was definitely a strong start!
- Also on Tuesday, a 2-hour episode of Zoo stayed steady with last week’s 1.0 rating and 5.73 million viewers at 9 p.m. for CBS (showing it has a small but dedicated audience).
- The 2-hour Extant finale on Wednesday night got a small bump of a tenth to a 0.7 rating and 4.55 million viewers at 9 p.m. for CBS.
The night’s only other scripted fare, The Carmichael Show, dropped a point to a 1.0 rating and 4.66 million viewers at 9 p.m., and dropped 2 points to a 0.9 rating and 3.89 million viewers at 9:30 p.m. on NBC.
- NFL Thursday Night Football on NBC dominated the night, which is no surprise, pulling an 8.8 rating and 23.85 million viewers.
- On the other end of the spectrum, the Beauty and the Beast season finale on the CW stayed steady with a 0.2 rating and 0.81 million viewers at 8 p.m.
- The series finale of Under the Dome didn’t get a finale bump either, staying flat with last week’s 0.8 rating and 4.26 million viewers at 10 p.m. for CBS. Goodbye, Dome.