At this year’s Scream Awards, I was able to land a few minutes with director Wes Craven on the red carpet. As most of you are well aware, Craven just wrapped principal photography on Scream 4 and while he was a bit guarded about saying too much about the plot, he did reveal the movie “is a lot about looking back at the last ten years of horror and comparing it and contrasting it and having fun with it.” He also said the word “meta” is used a fair amount in the movie. We also talked about the struggle trying to keep the film a mystery with all the paparazzi and fans trying to take pictures of the cast on the set.
Hit the jump to watch the interview. He also revealed he just saw the editors assembly of the movie…
Finally, if you haven’t seen the trailer for Scream 4 (which was just released), click here.
- What’s it like being at the Scream Awards. Talks about how Hollywood has changed over the years regarding horror movies
- :33 – How is he enjoying Twitter
- :50 – What was it like trying to make a movie with the paparazzi always trying to take photos of the actors
- 1:35 – How has editing been going. Says they just saw the editors assembly and he calls it “wonderful”
- 2:00 – What does he think fans can look forward to in Scream 4 and how much is new versus old
- 2:20 – Says the movie is a lot about looking back at the last ten years of horror and comparing it and contrasting it and having fun with it
- 2:28 – Says there is a lot of meta and the word gets used a “fair amount”