As you hopefully noticed over the past month, we recently launched a new live interview series called Collider Connected, in which we conduct an interview live on our YouTube channel. We’ve had Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino (watch that here), two-time Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins (watch that here), Kaitlyn Dever (watch that here), and Joe Pantoliano (watch that here).
While the first few episodes featured amazing wizards at their craft, for the next episode, we landed someone who makes everyone laugh: Will Forte.
During our wide-ranging conversation, Forte talked about his new series, Flipped (which is now available on the Quibi app), working with co-star Kaitlin Olson, what the past few weeks have been like for him, how the “celery up your butt” plot point came to be in MacGruber, what props he owns from the film, what it was like working on Late Show with David Letterman back in the late 90s and how that impacted his writing, what it was like growing his huge beard for The Last Man on Earth and then shaving half of it off, and so much more it would be impossible to list it all here.
You can watch what he had to say in the player above and further down the page is exactly what we talked about.
Finally, if you’re not familiar with Quibi, the service is designed to be watched on your phone and features a crazy amount of original content from Hollywood’s biggest stars and creators. New episodes are released daily and all episodes are ten minutes or less. Quibi will be releasing 175 new original shows in the first year including scripted, unscripted and daily news.
If you’re interested in watching, Quibi is offering a 90 day free trial for a limited time – just sign-up at Quibi.com before the end of April. Quibi will cost $4.99 with ads and $7.99 without ads. I believe it is just available in the United States and Canada for now.
- What have the last few weeks been like for him?
- How in another reality we hosted a big 10th anniversary MacGruber screening a few days ago.
- What props does he still own from MacGruber?
- What was it like growing his large beard for The Last Man on Earth and then shaving half of it off?
- Does he remember his first movie or TV show crush?
- What TV show would he like to guest star on?
- What movie has he seen the most?
- What was it like working on Late Show with David Letterman back in the late 90s and how did that impact his writing?
- Was he thinking about acting when writing on Late Show?
How did he get attached to the new Quibi series Flipped?
- What was it like filming on set due to the screen format of Quibi?
- What is Flipped about?
- What was it like working with Kaitlin Olson and did they try and make each other break during takes?
- You always commit 100% when performing. Have you ever taken it too far and if so when?
- Can you, as your Last Man on Earth character, Phil, give us any words of wisdom on how to handle this current moment in time?
- We would like an oral history on how the “celery up your butt” plot point came to be in MacGruber.